PDA

View Full Version : White ibis on the bay

Connie Mier
09-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Shot a couple years ago on Biscayne Bay. I am going back to some old photos with newly learned skills in LR and CS4 (a lot of which learned since joining BPN). It's been fun to rework some old photos with new PP skills. For this photo, I mainly had to tone down the whites on the bird, alittle CCW, some sharpening and lightening the mangrove leaves. I like this photo as it gives a good sense of the environment.

Sony a100, Minolta 300mm
f4, 1/800, ISO200

Connie

Axel Hildebrandt
09-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Interesting composition, setting and walking pose. I would tone down the whites some more.

Ramon M. Casares
09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
I would love this shot even if the Ibis wasn't there at all :)
Nice comp, light, detail, ambient, and overall mood. If anything, I wish you had left more room on top and less at the bottom. Congratulations!

denise ippolito
09-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Connie, I like the environment and the lighting very much. I agree w/ slightly toning down the bird. I think the reflection really adds to the mood. Nicely done.

Alfred Forns
09-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Connie

Cropping a little left and bottom will strengthen the image Love the overall feel and did real well with the exposure !!! Bird can be easily tone down by selecting colors !!! Excellent !!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Connie
I really like what you had created. I think toning down of whites is a good suggestion. Also, IMHO this would rock as a portrait crop. I attach something I am thinking. see what your thoughts are. :)

Connie Mier
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Thank you everyone for the excellent suggestions, and duly noted. Akos, I love it! The bg near the bird really lends itself to this, thank you!