PDA

View Full Version : Water Lily On Fire

Ed Cordes
09-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I cropped this image to emphasize the stamens. They look to me like flames coming from the water lily.

40D with 300 F4 and 20mm extension tube. Evaluative metering at ISO 800 and EV + 1/3 with f8 and 1/800 hand held. This is cropped to about 75% of original.

Thanks for looking. C&C most welcome.

Mike Moats
09-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey Ed. very nice details on the flames, center positioning works well. Dew drops add a nice touch.

Dave Leroy
09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Pretty cpmposition Ed. I also like the contrasting flames and water drops. It feels like the very bottom petals hold the photo in place which I like, and it makes me wonder how it would look if the top of the flower and a bit beyond were shown, sort of to open it up. Well done.
Dave

Julie Kenward
09-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Beautiful composition and details Ed. I, too, would have liked a bit more of an "on top" view - those stamen really push the image over the top and it would be nice to see them without those front petals obstructing their view. Still...an awesome image! You did a great job of getting those waterdrops crystal sharp without oversharpening and the colors in this are perfect - deep and rich without being oversaturated. Lovely!

Nick Palmieri
09-21-2009, 06:35 AM
Very nice colors especially the "flaming yellow". I agree with others comments. I too would like to see a little more at the top.

Harshad Barve
09-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Stunningly beautiful colors , nice details , lovely dew drops
TFS