PDA

View Full Version : Topaz De Noise Locks-Up CS4

Gene Potter
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Running on Vista Home Edition with Core 2 quad processor and 2 GB memory. I just installed a trial version and cannot get it to work. I’ve tried different size images and it locks-up CS4 on each attempt. Any suggestions?

Nancy A Elwood
09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
I would say that 2 GB of memory is a bit low. Whether that has anything to do with it, I am not sure, but most people would have 4-6 GB with Vista.

Gene Potter
09-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks Nancy, but I’ve had no problems up to now. I’ve uninstalled it and will give another try later. Thanks for your input.

Mark Fuge
09-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I would agree with Nancy. I am awaiting a new computer build that will have 8 gig of memory, due to my installing CS4 on a 2 gig machine and having problems with memory issues. My old machine was maxed out at 524 meg!!! Things have changed. Luckily I had access to a 2 gig machine for the interum, but as noted I find that is also too small for CS4 work. Files are bigger, programs are memory hogs, so the more the merrier.

Memory is cheap right now, if you need it. Just make sure the processor they put in will accept and work with the added memory. As mine is a custom build, I have all adequate issues covered, including a maximum 16 gig processor. If you bought yours off the shelf, that may not be the case. But I would suggest you go for more memory, as soon as possible. An additional 2 gig would work wonders.

Good luck

Indranil Sircar
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
I had same problem on 2GB Vista with DeNoise. It just starts paging and locks up the system. On my Quad core - 8GB system it is very fast.

Gene Potter
09-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks everyone, I guess I’m buying memory! Sorry for the delayed reply.