PDA

View Full Version : Barron Canyon, Algonquin Park, Ontario

Stephen Stephen
09-18-2009, 11:58 AM
I created this image while we paddled done the Barron River in the beautiful Barron Canyon. It was the first real canoe trip for my wife and I. Our friends Danny and Elizabeth kindly added some scale to this image. I love the reflections we had that day.

I've just noticed a small branch tip above the tree line on the right side fo the frame. I'll replace the image tonight when I get home.

Canon 40D with 18-55mm Kit lens. ISO 640, F 16, 1/320 sec

Robert Amoruso
09-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Stephen,

Well you beat me too the small branch tip. :)

I like the composition with the strong "V" diagonal of blue water on the right and the reflections leading to the BG opening in the canyon.

I would try a reverse s-curve to lower contrast and decided to post an example here.

Roman Kurywczak
09-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi Stephen,
Robert's reverse S-curve is a great idea. It will give a bit more depth to the overall image and you may want to go back to the original and try it B4 any of the other PP'ing. I do wish the canoeists were a bit further away from the shore so the heads didn't merge with the shoreline but the V you have captured is VG compositionally. Light isn't the best but you did well handling it.

David Thomasson
09-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Love the composition. Two suggestions: Darken the sky a bit and, more important, emphasize the strong diagonal by brightening the reflection in
the water (I used curves). I think this also helps to pull the eye to the center of interest. Beautiful capture.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3526/canoe3.gif

Ramesh Adkoli
09-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Beautiful composition, Stephen. The serenity of the place is well captured. As suggested, i would go with lowering the contrast to enhance that mood. TFS.

regards,
ramesh