PDA

View Full Version : Tern (copied form Avian)

Duane Noblick
09-18-2009, 05:21 AM
http://www.pbase.com/duane_va/image/116915265/original.jpg

<TABLE border=1 cellPadding=1 width=450 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Date/Time</TD><TD class=lid>04-Sep-2009 21:05:56</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Make</TD><TD class=lid>Canon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Model</TD><TD class=lid>Canon EOS 50D</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Flash Used</TD><TD class=lid>No</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focal Length</TD><TD class=lid>400 mm</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Time</TD><TD class=lid>1/2000 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Aperture</TD><TD class=lid>f/5.6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>ISO Equivalent</TD><TD class=lid>320</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Bias</TD><TD class=lid>+2/3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>White Balance</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Metering Mode</TD><TD class=lid>partial (6)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>JPEG Quality</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Program</TD><TD class=lid>aperture priority (3)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I almost deleted this image in the field then I almost deleted it after I viewed it on the computer. I'm glad I didn't. I did delete the two previous and the one after this burst was shot. I've received a lot of positive responses from people that follow my photography. I'm interested in seeing what other photographers have to say.

Duane

Mital Patel
09-18-2009, 05:50 AM
truly magnificent show here. glad you really didnt trashed it otherwise i might have to come and search in your trash :)

i like the compo and crop. the splash left behind shows the force of going away the tern. the clarity is really good with the tiny fish visible and i like the way you processed in B&W.

congrats. man My vote for this image.

Daniel Cadieux
09-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Cool comp and action. The B/W conversion does work well. I do wish the head was lower in order to see the blocked eye. Does the image need ever so slight CCW rotation? Was the vignetting added during PP?

denise ippolito
09-18-2009, 12:53 PM
I like the composition and agree w/ Daniel regarding the blocked head. The B&W looks good and I like the slight vignette. Nicely done.

Dave Mills
09-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi Duane,Agree with others regarding the blocked head. Nice conversion and good reflection.

Julie Kenward
09-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I also agree about a slight bit of rotation to even out the skid marks across the surface of the water. The blocked head is a problem but look at that fish in his mouth! I'd be pretty darn happy if that were one of mine!

As for the b&w conversion, I'd consider lightening up the water area just a bit to add more tonal range to the image. Might even do the same for the wings.

Thanks so much sharing.