PDA

View Full Version : Lox GHO

Harold Davis
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
this is last years lox owlet. unfortunately this year the parents decided to nest in an area that is not accesible by foot.

D50, Sigma 50-500 at 500mm, f/6.3, 1/125s, ISO 400, flash fill, -1.3EV

Thanks for looking and comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Gus Hallgren
02-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi harold,
It goes without saying ,wish the stuff wasn't hanging down over the right wing. However, IMO, I like the whole concept because it shows what a Chick is, all fuzzy and ready to face the world. Congratulation on a great photograph . . . Gus

Arthur Morris
02-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Jeez, I posted to this a while back but must have forgotten to hit PQR so I am glad that I came back. This is excellent; you captured the peak of action and used a potenial image wrecker to your advantage. I l ove the hanging moss and the bits of green, the whole image gives you a great feel for the habitat. With a bit of sharpening of the face you might have a contest winner here.

later and love, artie

Fabs Forns
02-10-2008, 08:37 PM
That is Owen!!!!! We all had so much fun with him last year, shame they are not threre now. We have one nest with a huge chick in the visitor center at ENP, but too many branches and too high for good images. Big congrats!

Alfred Forns
02-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear Owen's parents moved !!! It was fun visiting last year and was looking forward to this year

After photographing in that same nest appreciate how good your image is Pleasing bg action and add sweet light !!! Good recipe for successful image !!

BeePNogie
02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I was told about Owen and was looking forward to visiting Did not see him last year because I was not born Well maybe next year !!!

Robert Amoruso
02-10-2008, 11:06 PM
I agree with Artie's observations. The peak action grabs your attention from the busy surroundings. I might try desaturating the reds a bit.

Harold Davis
02-11-2008, 05:36 AM
thanks for the comments everyone. i didnt realize his name was Owen and i spent time with this guy just about everyday of his life.

Judd Patterson
02-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Harold, this image does have a lovely feel! The habitat with the cypress branches and spanish moss create a very unique image. I agree that a slight desaturation of the reds would be a bit more realistic, but all in all this image is done very well!

Nonda Surratt
02-11-2008, 12:28 PM
I though I commented on this image yesterday? I just love it!
Do agree about the reds, just a bit.

Stephen Stephen
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Lovely pose on this bird. I really like the intense stare and the overall habitat capture.

Maxis Gamez
02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Very cute, you already have all the critiques need it. I was there last year but I didn't get anything this good. Good work!

Mike Tracy
02-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Nicely done. I am not a fan of always clean sterile "zoo" photos. This photo portrays his environment well.