PDA

View Full Version : Sunset of Chobe River, Botswana

Michael Hogan
09-18-2009, 02:51 AM
In the evening the Namibian fishermen come out to lay their nets, caught this one just before sunet.
Canon 40D, 300mm, 1/800 at f4.5,ISO 200

Robert Amoruso
09-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Michael,

Very intense colors nicely rendered. Unless you told me otherwise, I thought the silhouetted object was waterfowl and not a person. For silhouettes to be successful, your viewer should be able to recognize the subject. If you where at the bank and got him larger in the frame in that reflection of the sun, that would have been killer.

In this image, I would have tried to move to eliminate the FG out of focus branches.

Keep em' coming.

Stephen Stephen
09-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Michale I agree with Roberts comments. It's not clear to me but the image seems to need at least some clockwise rotation although it may just be that you were at a sharp angle to the shoreline when you created the image.

Roman Kurywczak
09-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi Michael,
Very good advice given above. For me the fisherman (I thought it was a bird/duck too!) is OK and placed well in the frame but the FG branches are just too distracting. You may have also been able to go a little darker so the reflection would have a bit more definition as it appears a bit blown on the highlights. Looking forward to more of your posts.