PDA

View Full Version : Under The Umbrella

Daniel Belasco
09-18-2009, 02:18 AM
canon 1dMKIIN 500mm f4 +1.4@f8 1/400 sec iso 800

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yzpc1u&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

Jay Gould
09-18-2009, 03:48 AM
What a very interesting capture. Great color/exposure. I would like to see some CW rotation straightening up the left leg.

Keith Bauer
09-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Very cool pose. It does need some CW rotation based on the ripple. I'd also like to see a bit more room on the right. Thx for Sharing

Daniel Cadieux
09-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I agree with rotation, and I would also like to see more room. These types of preening images are difficult to pull off as the head is very often looking away and/or tilted away as it is here. Best to have it parallel to the sensor (it is possible!). Still good behavior captured, and interersting neck bend!

Jim Fenton
09-18-2009, 07:40 PM
I do like the pose and exposure looks good. The birds head / neck / under wing might benefit from some additional sharpening.

Agree that it needs rotation and more room overall.

I'd like to see more space above the bird as well and less below, showing less of the reflection.

Also, the white reflection coming in from the top left catches my eyes as a distraction?

Daniel Belasco
09-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Thanks all I see your points.
I'm a sucker for reflections, so that's that part.
Jim I agree about the light in the upper left. But I see the eye drawn to that part first and then to the curve of the wing and start working it's way around the image. Technically you are correct.
thanks again
dan