PDA

View Full Version : Fire

Michael Lloyd
09-17-2009, 10:17 PM
It got a little bit warm shooting this but I like the result. This is a section of burning embers in a large brush pile burned earlier today. After I shot this I used a 600 f4L IS with "tubes" but I liked the results that I got here better

EOS 1DsMKIII (manual)
180mm f3.5L Macro (no flash :p )
RRS Ground Tripod. Arca Swiss Ballhead

ISO 200
.3s @ f22

Slight crop. 8 x 10 with crop tool = about an inch off of each side

Julie Kenward
09-18-2009, 07:24 AM
What a neat image, Michael! I bet you got a few singed arm hairs from this one! I love the colors running through the center - they aren't overly saturated but they sure do make their point! Only thing that might have made this stronger would be if the line they created had been a little more on a diagonal but this is still great!

denise ippolito
09-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Michael, Really nice colors in the center. I agree w/ Jules regarding the diagonal. As presented I'd take a small slice off the top to bring your eye into the center more. Nicely done. I hope this will be a series!

Paul Lagasi
09-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Michael..I find this a very interesting image..almost looks like a scene from Journey to the Centre of the Earth..reminds me of a lava fissure..very well done...your braver, than I am though, wouldn't put my lens anywhere near a fire...

Ed Cordes
09-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Way Cool! Looks like a giant crevasse in an Earth quake area. What would happen if you turned up the saturation a bit?

Mike Moats
09-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey Michael, great subject, like the lines and great textures, only wish it had more depth of field to bring in the beautiful details in the forground.