PDA

View Full Version : Pied Wheatear

abdulghani
09-17-2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.pbase.com/abdulghani/image/117340959/original.jpg

<table width="450" align="center" border="1" cellpadding="1"><tbody> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Make</td><td class="lid">Canon</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Model</td><td class="lid">Canon EOS-1D Mark III</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Focal Length</td><td class="lid">560 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Exposure Time</td><td class="lid">1/400 sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Aperture</td><td class="lid">f/8</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">ISO Equivalent</td><td class="lid">400</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Metering Mode</td><td class="lid"> (-1)</td></tr></tbody></table>
This bird was hiding under the bush with minimal light.

Cheers
Rahil

Daniel Cadieux
09-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Beautiful bird, and I like the pose. Lot of good detail, but to me critical focus seems to be on the chest. The eye seems just a bit softer, but I am certain that some additional sharpening to it would bring it up to par. I also find the BG a little too bright in some areas - toning those down would make it more pleasing to the eye. I like the two feet being on two separate "bumps".

Ákos Lumnitzer
09-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Agree with Daniel. It would be relatively easy to select and work on the background and add a bit more sharpening to the bird. A good base image and more careful post processing will yield a far more pleasing result. :) Thanks for sharing.