PDA

View Full Version : Backlit Fulmar

Krijn Trimbos
09-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry for not participating here lately. And I know it is a lame excuse but I have been extremely busy, with work and working on my newly bought home. Still I felt like posting an image I have been able to post process recently. Hope you like it and to be able to participate here again as much as I would like very soon.

Cheers,

Krijn

Canon EOS 50D 1/1000 f5.6
ISO 400
Canon 300mm F2.8 L USM
Handheld

Manos Papadomanolakis
09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
beautiful backlighting,pose.wing position.....great dark bg too!

Doug Brown
09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Sorry for not participating here lately. And I know it is a lame excuse but I have been extremely busy, with work and working on my newly bought home. Still I felt like posting an image I have been able to post process recently. Hope you like it and to be able to participate here again as much as I would like very soon.

I am dealing with the exact same thing Krijn. Work has been extremely busy and I've not been able to participate of late. Thanks for sharing your image; I look forward to both of us getting back to more active posting!

Aidan Briggs
09-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I love the banking pose, exposure, and the backlit tail, and primaries. You might try darkening the background further to give the rim-lighting more emphasis.

Ákos Lumnitzer
09-19-2009, 03:30 AM
Great pose and light Krijn! I love the pose. Maybe do some NR on the BG as it has a bit of noise? thanks for sharing mate. Hope your house is going well. :) Nothing like owning your own joint.

Chris van Rooyen
09-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Dramatic backlighting! Great atmosphere and the eye contact and suggestion of a catch light makes it alive. Beautiful effect on the tail feathers. Well done and enjoy your new home:-)

Ramon M. Casares
09-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Lovely comp, light, pose, species and exposure. I like it. Congratulations!