PDA

View Full Version : Hillsborough River (2)

kevinmat
09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Another image from those I took of the rapids on the Hillsborough River, Tampa. A little different to the previous one and processed differently.

This is full frame, no cropping and was given a warmth/brilliance boost in Nik color effects pro - perhaps too saturated for some, but prints up very well. I could have cropped for effect but like the movement in the water. Would have like some more room at the top, but this is all there is. Let me know what you think.

Canon 5D II with 200mm F/2.8 prime, 100 ISO with CP, F/22 1 sec

Roman Kurywczak
09-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey Kevin,
Some may find the processing over the top....but I do like what you are doing. I may prefer a bit more room over the top of the rock and the UL corner is a bit distracting....but again you have very strong lines and testures that are very appealing. Well done again.

denise ippolito
09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Kevin, I love the colors in the water and think that the rock is too tight at the top also but the overall look is sweet!

Robert Amoruso
09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Very cool Kevin and I like the electric colors. I find this very appealing. Agree with Roman on the compositional recommendations.

Stephen Stephen
09-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Kevin nicely captured and post processed. I like waht you've done with the water and I'd also give more rock for the rock. The only thing that I don't really like is the colours of grasses (?) and "things" on the rock are very strange.

kevinmat
09-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Thank you all for your comments - which as ever are greatly appreciated. I agree about the top, some more room there would have been preferred, I vaguely remember trying to frame to exclude something just above the rock - so that may be why it was so close to the top of the frame. I'll try darkening the UL corner.

Jay Gould
09-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Kevin, I love it!! The rock looks like a huge opal - beautiful. I can image it hanging on my wall - that is, if I had a wall in the caravan for handing images!!

Ramon M. Casares
09-22-2009, 12:52 PM
It works wonderfully for me, loved the effect and color saturation! Congratulaitons!