PDA

View Full Version : Poppy

Peter M. Noyes
02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I captured this poppy in a field of beautiful flowers on Hilton Head Island, SC.I had to do some wiggling around to isolate the poppy but it was worth it. Picture taken with a Nikon D2X at ISO 400 using a 70 to 200MM F2.8 VR lens. Picture taken at 1/500 sec at F4.5

Robert O'Toole
02-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi peter first off the colors soft light and the BG are winners! and the sharpness and detail are superb.

All that going for it and that one grass stalk makes it one of those "only if" cases.
I think it would be an excellent image without that one big diagonal stalk. Did you try any without it? I would have reached up and pushed it out of the way in half a second.

Robert

Peter M. Noyes
02-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Robert, I couldn't get in to push the grass back without stepping on other flowers. In retrospect, I should have gotten a stick and pushed it down. Thank you for your comments.
peter

Robert O'Toole
02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Its still beautiful, you know almost every image can be made better in retrospect.

Robert

Robert Amoruso
02-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Peter,

I am enjoying your post sand they get better and better each day. This is exceptionally beautiful. Grass stalk mentioned.

Ed Vatza
02-11-2008, 06:48 AM
I agree with most of what was said above. It is a beautiful image - very sharp, great color, great composition (except for that stalk ;)). I would add though that also find the out of focus curved stalk across the top somewhat distracting to me. I wonder what it might look like with that cropped out. But that's just a nit on my part.

Mike Moats
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey Peter, great work on the flower and the flaw has been addressed. If your unable to more an object in the way, try viewing it from other directions, up, down, right or left, sometimes it works and sometimes you just have to walk away and look for another subject.