PDA

View Full Version : The take 0ff, Venice Rookery

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 10:52 AM
What a place!!! It is smoking right know with several pairs of GBHs nesting. No roosting of Ibis, Anhingas of small Egrets now though, no fly-bys in the early AM either. But the Heron activity makes it worthwhile. The weeds have been cut on the center part of the pond, so clear views of low flying birds are possible now.

The second day we visited, the wind had them flying in front of the flowering Brazilian Peppers that have trade marked the place :)

Nikon D3, 200-400/4 VR
Trying 51 3D AF with dynamic focus points, really liking it too.

f/5.6, 1/500, iso 1600
no flash
no noise reduction used

Comments appreciated :)

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Now that is a deja vu. It looks as if Al and you photographed this bird standing next to each other. :) Great pose and setting and I also like the blurred wings.

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Now that is a deja vu. It looks as if Al and you photographed this bird standing next to each other. :) Great pose and setting and I also like the blurred wings.

LOL Axel, we were all after the birds, Arthur, Linda, Maxis and I from BPN and a handful of others.

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Looks like Nikon have gotten the noise problem fixed! Very nice action, Fabs!

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi Fab,

This is fantastic, I love the colors and motion.

I'm going back this weekend.

Neil Knapp
01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Fabs,
I like the sense of deliberate motion here on the part of the bird, reinforced by the wing blur, neck and leg positions. Not sure what the vegetation is, don't think we have it up here, but it makes for a pretty, if busy, backdrop. I've been enjoying this entire series from you.

___
Neil