1/320"
F4
ISO 800
EC +.33
260mm

Cheryl Flory
09-16-2009, 12:12 PM
oops, forgot to add the rest of the info--
I am still going through my most recent deer photos, and got excited when I saw this photo!!
I finally have a sharp deer photo!! lol (hey, I know you photographers are used to getting sharp photos, but it is still an exciting time for me! :D )

I had to reduce quality to 90% to get it to fit here, but Al, I did check to make sure it was bicubic as you suggested.

this is a fawn, with very few spots left, but you can spot just one of them in this photo. You can also spot a blood sucking insect moving in for lunch, in the pic!

this is practically full frame, just cropped a tiny bit off the right side. yes, I cut off the feet here, again. But at least this time I noticed it before shooting, and decided to go for a close up instead of a full body.

I dont think the pose is very exciting and I just now noticed that one of the bottom whiskers is going out of the frame. I suppose I could clone some background over the bottom of it to make it look like it ends in the frame. Also the eye is kind of centered. Any suggestions on a better cropping? or anything else?

Gus Cobos
09-16-2009, 12:36 PM
This is a sweet image and capture Cheryl, I like the open mouth and the fact that you managed to include the insect invited for lunch...:eek::D...the color rendition is good, and the lime, green background compliments this baby quite well...good show...:cool:

Bill Dix
09-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Nicely done, Cheryl! The sharpness is awesome and the background exquisite.

Bill

Jay Gould
09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Lovely portrait image. I know just how you feel "
I finally have a sharp deer photo!! lol (hey, I know you photographers are used to getting sharp photos, but it is still an exciting time for me! :D )

TFS!!

Alfred Forns
09-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I like it a lot Cheryl Captured a good behavior I like the mouth action !!!!

Image is very sharp and excellent quality You might want to check the ones Artie has in the bulletin ... most are only 45 kb and they are great .... here we can go to 200 !!!!!

Lance Peters
09-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi Cheryl - nice work - Gorgeous, Sharp as a tack, great eye contact and a gorgeous BG.
Well done!!

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
09-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I know how you feel too when getting a sharp image, very exciting and my heart beat goes up much much higher.

Very sharp, fine fur details, big clear round eye and an open mouth. I wish there is a little more of the bottom and right to see more of the deer. The mosquitos is a fine add to the image.

Desmond Chan
09-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Just want to add your photo has good colors.

Cheryl Flory
09-17-2009, 05:11 AM
Thank you, everyone!