PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Motion

Jackie Schuknecht
09-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Today is the last day for this theme, then have to come up for something for the new one!
Another cottage shot done in HDR. Left the box unchecked to align moving objects so you see this person walking through the frame.
40D
f11
ISO 100
17-55 @ 17
Slight crop from top.
Tripod AV Mode Evaluative
Three exposure blend -2/3.-1/3,0
Comments Appreciated

Harold Davis
09-15-2009, 06:57 PM
i love ghost images!!! nicely done....i think some contrast would pop this even more. maybe even a little more saturation.

Cheryl Flory
09-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Jackie, what a neat idea! It really made me study the image trying to figure it! Thanks for the explanation.
I like the soft blues in this image, in the sky, horizone, and again in the boardwalk. I too would like to see how it would look with darker neutrals and blacks in all but the grass.

Cheryl Flory
09-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Jackie, if you don't mind cloning out items, I would also try cloning out the sign on the left side of the walk.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Will post an updated version tomorrow. Thanks Harold and Cheryl.

Lance Peters
09-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi Jackie - Like it - the soft colours and pastel tones are really nice.
I might try and make the person more ghostly - IMHO the person does't really fit with the feel of the rest of the image - Just my tastes though.
:)

Oscar Zangroniz
09-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Very good composition and soft tones. I would also try to clone the sign, but do like the person walking along the beach.
Congrats

Gus Cobos
09-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi Lady Jackie,
I like this very much...the real, natural HDRI look is very appealing. Love the color rendition...as a matter of personal taste on my part, I would take out the three ghosts in at the end of the boardwalk, this will make it a stronger, composition in my opinion...try it and see what you think; also a slight boost in contrast overall might make this pop out and grab you...:D:):cool: Well done...;):cool:

Alfred Forns
09-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Love it Jackie Neat effect and will be trying !!!

Great suggestions and with these type images is mostly taste !! Big Congrats !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
09-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone. Looks like the sign will be gone. Also don't worry Gus, I have about another 20 shots without the person in the frame, this was just an experiment:). She just happened to walk by as I was waiting for the sun to set.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-16-2009, 02:45 PM
love the colors and the mood. I also like the person walking by, something different. I would also clone the sign out and that stick looking thing in the ocean, other then that beautiful, can't wait to see pics from the next theme.

Nick Palmieri
09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Very nice Jackie!

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
09-16-2009, 10:40 PM
I think having the ghost effect make this image a little cartoonish, however I really like the idea of having object movign through the frame, and I'm sure that will come in handy in the future.

Love the mood and the colors here, nice details in the wood walkway too. Another vote for cloning out the sign.

Jeff Cashdollar
09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Great leading lines, nice/soft colors.