PDA

View Full Version : Thirsty Wrentit

Kerry Perkins
09-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Hello all. Work has been consuming me the last few weeks and I've fallen behind on my birdies...

Found this little wrentit (help me if I got it wrong again Aidan...) catching drops of water from the hose bib. I got a few shots of it actually drinking the drops, but you can't see the face in those so thought I would share this one.

Sorry for the busy background, I used Alien Skin Bokeh to tone it down a bit. Did the usual LR to CS4 workflow. This one is only cropped to vertical, no scaling involved.

50D, EF400mm f/5.6L EV 0
AV mode, f/5.6@1/500 ISO 400 WB 5100K
AI Servo autofocus, HH 580EXII Evaluative mode, FEC -1 2/3

Lance Peters
09-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Hi Kerry - Sharp as a tack - nice clear sharp eye with a catchlight. Nice use of the flash.
The brown strip in the BG that intersects the birds head (and extends below) is a little distracting the rest of the BG doesn't bother me that much.
Keep them coming ;)

Gus Cobos
09-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Hi Kerry,
I like the composition, image and the capture, you have sharp details, good color rendition a good head angle and sharp eye, my suggestion would be to blur the background a tad more to tone down the OOF diagonal lines which compete with your subject...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
09-15-2009, 08:02 AM
This is a great picture, wonderful composition, creative vision - agree with Lance about the vertical line (a little distracting)

Might move everything to the left a tad, well done.

Exposure and flash techs are spot-on!!

Alfred Forns
09-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi Kerry when you come up to these type try going for a vertical from the start !!! I like the composition and would even like seeing more of the perch !!

bg wise do check in camera to move left/right to avoid lighter areas in the bg Got a keeper !!!!

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Very sharp, excellent feather details and love the pose with tail up. I also like the angle of this one, a bit strange but I like it. The vertical in the background do distract somewhat. I might try to blur and desaturate the background more.

Ray Rozema
09-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Very interesting. Great detail and contact. the perch is even interesting. I might add just a tadd to the bottom for that beautiful drop. Agree w comments about BG

Harold Davis
09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
fantastic detail! agree with al. would like to see more room under the drop. sharp eye with the perfect little catchlight. i like this a lot!!

Kerry Perkins
09-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks everybody, I appreciate the feedback! I love these little guys and it's really a fun challenge to get close enough for a good shot! I do have some others with more of the perch. Will share!