+2/3
ISO 400
100 mm
Tripod
Cropped from Bottom for comp.
Comments Appreciated.

Julie Kenward
09-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Hey Jackie! Good to see you back in Macro again! This is really lovely...wonderful colors and textures all throughout the image. Love the diagonal placement of the feather and I really like how one end is tucked in to the sand...it really give the image more depth to see those few grains misplaced. Brilliant blues in this as well - very nice!

Steve Maxson
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Jackie. This image is good on all counts - as noted above by Jules. Having said that, I'm a little bugged by the clipped tip of the feather, though I expect other folks might be OK with that. :) I notice an indentation in the main feather shaft near the base. This suggests to me that this feather may have been actively plucked from the bird by a predator - I have seen raptors plucking the large feathers from their prey by firmly grasping them near the base with their beak and and then pulling upward (while holding the prey down with a foot) to extract the feather.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Didn't know that about the indentation Steve. I think my nieces found this on the beach. I have plenty more shots with the full feather, but found it a boring shot.

Vida van der Walt
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Beautiful image Jackie. The feather detail is excellent and I love the comp and colours.:)

Mike Moats
09-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey Jackie, Beautiful color, and great textures. Like the diagonal angle of the feather. Good details.

Don Lacy
09-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Very nice detail and the blue color contrast nicely with the sand, well done.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone. Jules I haven't been in macro for a while because I don't have anything really worth posting. There are just some superb shots in this section.