PDA

View Full Version : Another Wren

Joe Senzatimore
09-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Another from the series of Wren captures. In looking at this I guess I should have gone to a higher ISO to get a smaller F stop for more DOF. Then I might have gotten the tail in focus as well. Working with a camera that delivers quality images at high ISO(D3) is a whole new learning/thinking curve.

400ISO f5.6 at 1/160th

Daniel Cadieux
09-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Hey Joe, beautiful perch and subject. When the eye and face are in perfect focus then to me it doesn't matter much if the tail is out of DOF range or not. In this image the biggest hiccup is the HA, which is clearly looking away. I like how the perch is angling up into thwe frame. As posted I would crop a bit above.

Stu Bowie
09-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi Joe, its doesnt look like you had much light to have stopped down anyway, but well done for what you had. I agree with Dan, as long as the head and eye are sharp, you have it covered. HA not the best, but another excuse to go out and get another one.

arash_hazeghi
09-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Nice composition and good head angle, wish the bird was looking at you. I agree, you could easily do this at ISO 1600 with D3, that would have put you at f/11.

denise ippolito
09-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Joe, I like the perch and BG. Agree w/ HA and ISO. The face and eye look good and sharp.

Ramon M. Casares
09-14-2009, 08:32 PM
I wish for a slightly better head angle and also, for a better looking perch, still, very nice light, detail, BG, and species. Congratualitons!

ChasMcRae
09-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Technically OK in my eyes ,but a scruffy specimen for this species.
Wait till late winter or early spring and shoot him again and see a handsome bird appear.
Chas.