PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent

Lorant Voros
09-13-2009, 11:03 PM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6301/magnificent2.jpg

I went back to my favorite place in the Mexico City area this afternoon. It was raining and the light was low. I met this Magnificent Hummingbird again on it's favorite perch (that might not be the nicest for the critics) guarding his territory with his wet beak. Thanks for looking.

1DMKIII
500mm +1.4TC
ISO1600
f:8
1/500
Flash + BB
Tripod

arash_hazeghi
09-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Nice shot, is the hummer supported by the broken perch or is the other end broken? nice BG, would increase the sat a bit, looks like some feather detail has been lost to NR, would try some selective sharpening. Thanks for sharing.

Gyorgy Szimuly
09-14-2009, 06:03 AM
Nice image Lóri. Lovely smooth bg (maybe too smooth). Sharpness on eyes is cool.
Its plumage looks rather worn.

Szimi

Joe Senzatimore
09-14-2009, 07:35 AM
For me a perch like this is no problem when it supports such a beautiful subject. I like it as is. Maybe a bit more sat. is needed , but it's just a matter of taste at this point.

Randy Stout
09-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Lorant:

I do find the perch distracting for me. The basic size and brightness is fine, but the broken off end doesn't help the image, IMHO. I removed it to check, and do prefer it without the broken perch.

I like the soft light, BG. Would consider some selective sharpening of the bird as mentioned by Arash.

Cheers

Randy

PS; Thanks for the kind words on my 2000th post.

Lorant Voros
09-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the comments. Here is the modifications with some selective sharpening and removing the broken part of the perch.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4629/magnif.jpg

Randy Stout
09-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Lorant:

I prefer this one to the OP. It still has the soft feel, but the bird has a bit more snap. Nice job on removing the broken end of the perch. Some might wish for a bit more canvas top and bottom, but that is a small item.

Cheers

Randy