PDA

View Full Version : Hibiscus

Nagesh Mula
09-13-2009, 10:47 PM
I took this picture under natural light and am not sure whether you liked the white spots or not. They are the dew drops.

ISO 200
f 4.0, 1/320
Exp - -1/3

As always, would like to know your opinion.

Thanks.

Vida van der Walt
09-14-2009, 01:12 PM
I like how the dof focus the attention on the detail of the tip of the flower. Lovely colours and the white spots does not bother me. I'm not 100% sure of the comp but I can't suggest something else as flower compositions are not my strong point.

Julie Kenward
09-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Nagesh, for my taste, it's a little too OOF for me. Perhaps a tighter vertical crop would draw my attention to the point of the bud faster but as it is I find my eye wandering around not sure where to focus for quite awhile before landing on the bud tip. Also, it looks like you dropped your exposure by 1/3 (if I am reading your stats correctly) and I'm wondering why? The image feels a little underexposed to me.

I think a tighter crop and perhaps f5.6 would have given you a stronger image. You still could have razored in on the tip of the bud but had a bit more of the flower in focus to draw the eye to the edge.

Mike Moats
09-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey Nagesh, I agree on a tighter crop, and the white spots do bother me. I don't mind the DOF and like your point of focus. You could clone some green over the white.