PDA

View Full Version : nutria

Joel Arrington
02-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Canon EOS 20D, shutter priority, 1/200 @ f/16, ISO 400, 70-200 mm + 2x ext. , flash fill

Milo Burcham
02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Nice shot of an overlooked creature. Great use of fill to combat the harsh light; I wonder if you could have used a little more fill, approaching flash as main light.

Joel Arrington
02-10-2008, 09:08 PM
In addition to fill flash, I had to dodge light on the nutria with PS. Didn't fill strongly enough, but I often shoot on the run and try to fix things later. It's trying to make the best of yet another miscalculation.

-J

Robert Amoruso
02-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Joel,

The back light is tough situation and fill-flash is the way to go as you mentioned. Take time to work the exposure and you will get better images in the field requiring less PS work.

D. Robert Franz
02-12-2008, 08:47 AM
A tough lighting situation for sure. I probably wouldn't even attempted the image. BL works best when the sun is low in the sky and the light has warm color. That being said you did well to try fill flash and it worked to some degree. Since your FG is busy and does not add to the image I would have included less and given the image more of the blue BG That would have also given you a more pleasing compostion by moving the nutria off the mid line of the image. I would also like a bit more room in front of the nutria...