PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Anemone

Anita Bower
09-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Taken at Longwood Gardens 2 weeks ago.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f10, 1/250, ISO 500. pattern metering, manual exposure, manual focus with Live View, tripod, natural light. RAW conversion Elements 7, PP: PS7, Topaz Detail, NR, some cloning of bg.

Ed Cordes
09-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Anita, I really like your composition with its gentle curve of the flower. I like the colors and the great BG. I do wish for just a bit more focus on the FG petals of the lower bloom. This, of course, is a personal decision. Others may have a different perspective.

Anita Bower
09-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Anita, I really like your composition with its gentle curve of the flower. I like the colors and the great BG. I do wish for just a bit more focus on the FG petals of the lower bloom. This, of course, is a personal decision. Others may have a different perspective.

Thanks. I would have liked more focus on the lower front petals also. This was the best I could do as there was a breeze. I used a plamp, but, the flowers were still moving. Thanks for your input!!:)

Ramesh Adkoli
09-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Anita, I liked the contrasting colors of flowers against the BG. Along with the slanting flowers and stalks, the two OOF buds add to the interest of the image. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Vida van der Walt
09-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Lovely colours and a great comp Anita. You did very well in windy conditions. What is a plamp?

Anita Bower
09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Lovely colours and a great comp Anita. You did very well in windy conditions. What is a plamp?

Thank you. It is called a Wimberly Plamp, used to hold plants still and hold reflectors, etc. See
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O="_Clamps_WIPAA=&sku=205330&Q="A=&is=REG&A=details

Julie Kenward
09-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Very nice, Anita! I, too, would have liked to have seen more focus on those front petals but the back flower is superb - nice details and you really caught a nice BG! I really like how the buds and the flowers are all separate - not an easy thing to do with everything moving about in the wind!

Anita Bower
09-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Very nice, Anita! I, too, would have liked to have seen more focus on those front petals but the back flower is superb - nice details and you really caught a nice BG! I really like how the buds and the flowers are all separate - not an easy thing to do with everything moving about in the wind!

Thanks, Jules. I have you to thank for the BG--I used one of your techniques to even out the darks and lights. I worked at getting each flower and bud separate--glad you noticed. :D

Anita Bower
09-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Anita, I liked the contrasting colors of flowers against the BG. Along with the slanting flowers and stalks, the two OOF buds add to the interest of the image. TFS.

regards,
ramesh
Thank you so much for your comment! I'm glad you like it.

Vida van der Walt
09-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Thx for the info on the plamp. Never too old to learn.:)