PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Cartoon

Paul Lagasi
09-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Garry Larson was/is one of my favourite cartoonists...wonder what caption he'd give this one.... My daughter took this photo of me, on the Tarcoles River in Costa Rica, we dared each other to touch the tail of this 17 foot Croc, of course dad went first, "believe me I kept my eye on him". We were both successful and had all our fingers, at the end.
Converted the photo in CS4 using poster edges
Adjusted Brightness and Contrast, 10/30 respectively
then used Cut-out filter to taste....

Looking forward to to all your entries...

denise ippolito
09-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Paul, Great way to get us started! I love the use of the caption-I may try that for one of mine.(maybe try getting it off the edge a bit) Looks very dangerous and I wouldn't put my hand anywhere near it. Nice use of the cut-out filter! Wish the shadow wasn't going across it-but for a cartoon image it's not so bothersome. Might still try to tone down that area a bit. Nicely done.

Patti Edens
09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Paul, Great inspiration! I like the cartoon look you achieved. I guess that is what Denise is calling the "cut out filter". I have a lot to learn.

Paul Lagasi
09-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Patti "Cutout" is found by clicking Artistic, one of the filters, in CS4..play with it, try all the sliders, one at a time, see what they do....

or check out

http://www.webdesign.org/web/photoshop/photoshop-cs4-tutorials/cartoon-effect-video-tutorial.17601.html

found this online just now...

Dave Mills
09-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Paul your braver than I am...

Dave Phillips
09-14-2009, 06:38 AM
nice effect Paul.....you could still up the saturation a bit and be fine IMO.
Thanks for the little narrative

Cindy Cone
09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for getting us started this week, Paul! I don't know if I would have taken that dare. Glad it was successful for you.

Indranil Sircar
09-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Great effect, Paul. I like the way you presented. A bit more contrast and saturation would enhance this further IMO.

Mark Fuge
09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Interesting... but ... glad you still have full us of your shooting hand. :eek:

Cheryl Slechta
09-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Paul, Nice job. You're mighty brave:) Nice use of filters.