PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly

Paul Lagasi
09-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Good Afternoon
Bathroom all finished now only Bedroom to paint and get ready for new furniture....lolol..work never stops, next part is my favourite...installing new home theatre..yee haa, 96" projection screen, blue ray.

The photo below is a DAP/ Benson painting but I didn't like the outcome because you couldn't see any detail in the wings, copied the original into a new layer and adjusted opacity ...just until you could see the wing details...
border added wirh CS4

denise ippolito
09-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Very nicely done Paul! I like the color scheme and the composition. I think you did a great job putting back in the details-just enough IMO.

Dave Mills
09-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi Paul,Your use of color and backround make for a pleasing combination.The dragonfly is an interesting subject.
If this were mine I would crop a bit off the top. Not quite sure what the series of black lines represent...

Paul Lagasi
09-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks Denise and Dave....this is original...showing black...

Patti Edens
09-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Paul, I love how the background came out in this. The light seems to be pouring in on the DF and the diagonal line made by the dark area at the bottom adds depth. And you added just enough of the wings back so that we know where they are, but the great background is still there. Nice!