PDA

View Full Version : video card?

Chris Brennan
09-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I recently purchased a new HP to replace a 4 year old Dell Inspiron which had blown the motherboard. The new HP runs 64-bit Vista with an Intel Quad core processor but the graphics (Intel GMA 3100) are integrated into the chipset. I use a regular Huey (not Pro) for color calibration and updated the driver for Vista but my colors just don't seem as good as they used to with the Dell. My monitor is a Dell 19" which worked fine for me when running XP. I am not a gamer and I don't do any video editing but I'd really like the color accuracy that I had before. Oh, and I use BreezeBrowser and CS2, and I don't plan on upgrading software anytime soon.

Do I need a separate video card?

I look forward to your responses.

Roger Clark
09-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Chris,
It really should not be the video card. Since your monitor is the same as on your old computer, it is probably software. Since you run some calibration software could there be a clash with vista color management and your calibration software? I have managed to avoid a vista system so far, so I'm just raising a possibility.

Roger
(I just built, both hardware and software, a Ubuntu linux 64-bit system; very very very impressive. I just wish I could run photoshop on it.)