PDA

View Full Version : "Assignment" Blur

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-11-2009, 07:43 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3910423275_d799951d6d_o.jpg

I did the best I could with the blur, but i think i still need to work on it, I was having trouble keeping the middle of the flower sharp. Should i of used a tripod with a slower shutter speed? All C&C welcome

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Manual Exposure
Tv 1/8
Av 18.0
ISO 200
EF70-200mm f/4L USM
Focal Length 180.0 mm

Lance Peters
09-11-2009, 07:57 PM
HI Kyle - Blurs are a matter of taste - but usually best with something sharpish to give the eye something to lock onto. A sharp area in a image is were the eye is drawn to first.
You can use a tripod to help - keep practicing and keep them coming :)

Gus Cobos
09-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi Kyle,
I agree with Mr. Peters on having a specific sharp anchor point in the composition as a starting point...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
09-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Blurs are all a matter of feel, so is all art for that matter,...

Anyway, from a blur perspective it works for me. Keeping part of a blur sharp requires technique, it does not happen by accident. For example, focus on a static point and zoom the lens in or out. This is not my strong point, I will let someone else advise you - keep it up - you are on the right track.

Nick Palmieri
09-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey Kyle, This is pretty cool and as others said a matter of taste. I am wondering your intention, were you trying to zoom blur?? Or were you trying to motion blur with the camera?? Looks like you were trying to move either toward or away from the subject...

Alfred Forns
09-12-2009, 10:40 AM
For having he center sharper you can use a slower shutter speed and hesitate before zooming ... keep it steady !! Using tripod does help but not necessary. I seem to work better without it unless there is something I have in mind !!

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone, I was trying to do a zoom blur, I have done some before but with different subjects. i really like this effect and will keep trying to do more, Thanks again:)

Nick Palmieri
09-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I have always done zoom blurs on a tripod or with the camera on something stable. That is where I was getting confused...I experimented a few times with a fixed focal length while bending forward and slowly leaning back with the shutter open (very small movement). That's what I thought you were trying to do...

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks Nick, I will try that technique you suggested, I think that would be much easier. Will try to get one up, if the rain ever stops.:D

Harold Davis
09-12-2009, 04:49 PM
good advice above. i learned a couple of things i gotta try too!! i like it kyle. you are certainly going in the right direction!!

Oscar Zangroniz
09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Great feel and with beautiful colors. I like as presented Kyle.
Congrats.