PDA

View Full Version : Another creepy crawler

Jerry van Dijk
09-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Since we're back at posting creepy crawlers (sorry Julie!), I wanted to share this image of a wolf spider from my back yard. These spiders were sunbathing in the last of the evening sun on some tulip leaves, providing wonderful light and BG. I was playing around with them long enough to get this shot at the leaf edge.
Hope you like it!

- Jerry -

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, handheld, 26 mm (156mm eq.) with Suntec 4+ closeup lens, ISO 200, F/8, 1/80 sec, spot metering, EC 0, RAW. PP in Silkypix and Corel Photopaint.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2ynfk2a.jpg

Mike Moats
09-12-2009, 04:08 AM
Hey Jerry, like the comp and diagonal line of his perch, but would like to see a tad more DOF to bring in his backside more. I would also clone out the black are in the upper right corner. Good clean BG.

Julie Kenward
09-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Agree with Mike on the DOF issue and the black corner. I'd also run this through a round of noise reduction as the ULC is a bit grainy.

You guys just aren't going to give me a break on all these spider photos, are you? Well, at least they are all outside where they belong and not crawling around on my walls and ceilings. :eek:

Vida van der Walt
09-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I like the comp of this shot Jerry. DOF is fine imo but I would have liked the face a tiny bit sharper. Still a nice shot.

Jerry van Dijk
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks for all the comments! I'll work on that noise reduction, but I'm not to sure on letting that black corner disappear. I'm afraid that the image will be a bit boring without it. As for the DOF, f/8 is the best my camera can do....... These spiders are so small that I have to push that closeup lens to its maximum to get enough magnification.
Kind regards,

Jerry.