PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Swim

Gus Cobos
02-10-2008, 11:18 AM
This little guy went for his morning swim at Crandon Gardens. He was painted with a Nikon D70s, Nikkor 300mm f/4D, Focal Length at 420mm with 1.4T/C, ISO 250 @ 1/400sec - f/5.6, 0EV, Matrix metering.

Comments greatly appreciated,

Gus..:cool:

Alfred Forns
02-10-2008, 01:33 PM
HI Gus Excellent exposure on the teal Very good head angle and got him in clean water Would suggest more room behind and taking a little of the bottom for proportion

In Crandon you can get some incredible water by setting in the right place The light that is reflected off the tall grasses shooting from the East side is incredible Takes a gorgeous green color Would try to go for it Also when using reflections like you are doing here pick your area of water The duck would have show better in the lighter water Could have been great in the darker but not mixed

It was good to shoot there yesterday !!!!

Fabs Forns
02-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Very nice, Gus. You did good with the exposure and speed to freeze the movement. I would sharpen the head a little more.
For instruction on selective application of sharpening or blur, visit my Stickies in the Digital Workflow Forum :)

See yo Tuesday in class :)

Robert O'Toole
02-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Nice image and good exposure, and the water ! the water looks amazing.

Image looks too blue on my monitor, also the head could use a little USM, its not soft I just think there is more detail in there.

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Robert Amoruso
02-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Gus,

All great comments. As you have done here, I like it best when a duck is emerging from the darker reflections to the brighter reflections.