PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling

Ilija Dukovski
09-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Taken on Monday at Plum Island Sandy Point, could not get any lower since
I was in water, with small waves. I didn't want to risk to get my gear wet.
The light was midday harsh but I managed to get few images w/o too much of shadow.

CC appreciated.

Nikon D80 Nikkor 300mm +TC1.4 f/5.6 1/4000 Matrix AP-2/3 ISO400

Arthur Morris
09-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Ah, a loverly fresh juvenile Sanderling. There must have been a light cloud over the sun as the light looks pleasing here. EXC HA and feeding posture.

My only problem is with the small wavelet cutting the mid-bird.....

Tony Whitehead
09-10-2009, 09:31 PM
You've done well with the harsh light - I think the reflective water/sand has helped bounce a bit of light back under the bird. The image looks a little soft but I am not on the best monitor at work so not sure if this is an accurate assessment. It would be an option to lighten the wave that is bisecting the bird.

Phil Ertel
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Nice pose and good use of available light. Pleasing presesntaion due to your low angle of capture. Was tihis cropped from the original?

Axel Hildebrandt
09-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I like the angle, eye contact and light and would sharpen the bird a bit more.

Ilija Dukovski
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Thank you for the comments, appreciated as always. Artie, I will try to get rid of the wavelet.
Phil, this is a crop, about 1/2. Considering the sharpness, thanks for the comments, I think
I definitely need to systematically sharpen more.

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Very nice bird. I love the light and pose here.
I gave it a very quick try in PS, I learned it from Arthur, I hope you don't mind.

Ilija Dukovski
09-12-2009, 12:36 AM
I gave it a very quick try in PS, I learned it from Arthur, I hope you don't mind.
Of course I don't mind, good work on the cloning (I believe QM, right?), I'd only suggest you run
healing brush on the far left on the repeating pattern of dark lines. Thank you for the effort, looks much
better now.

Pura vida...

Arthur Morris
09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
A pretty good quickie job by JC. Not easy with the JPEG. Heck, not easy with the TIFF either.