PDA

View Full Version : Cranes coming in

JP Bruce
02-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Created at Bosque about a year ago.
20D, 70-200 f2.8 w/2x converter, 1/8, f8, ISO 800

Jeff Nadler
02-10-2008, 11:35 AM
JP, it would be difficult for me to be anything but honest, this image has two strong problems - the subject themselves, the birds are significantly out of focus. The heads are a blur. The second issue can be fixed, you've posted this with a vastly crooked horizon. I am curious if you yourself have noticed these issues?

Lana Hays
02-10-2008, 11:45 AM
JP
The first thing that I notice is that it needs a counter clockwise rotation and then some cropping off the top. The birds are going away from you and they are merged. The image also is soft.....probably due to the ss 1/8. If you had been able to turn more to your left to get them coming in, it would have been better. Flight images aren't easy but places like Bosque give you plenty of practice.

JP Bruce
02-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks, I did not notice the horizon. I did know the image was soft. I'll keep working.

Robert Amoruso
02-11-2008, 09:02 AM
JP,

Not one of your better efforts. I like that you worked to capture the cranes with the flight deck int he BG. That's a nice touch showing the birds in relation to the refuge surroundings. With them flying away from you and their softness, it just does not work. Flight photography is a difficult task and you just keep working at it. I toss thousands of images a year just trying to get the best BIF image. It is hard work so don't give up.