PDA

View Full Version : Affection

Kartikeya Puri
09-10-2009, 11:33 AM
http://arrozinc.com/ranthambhore/Tiger16.JPG

Taken in Ranthambhore National Park, India. I was lucky enough to spend some time with this family. It is the same family I have been posting pictures of lately.

Taken with 20D + 100-400L

Nit: I wish that their paws were visible.

Regards,
Kartik

David Fletcher
09-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Lovely moment captured Kartik. Like the comp and inclusion of habitat too. Well done.

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Such a beautiful scene with lovely lighting and excellent detail. Really love the BG in this capture. Thanks for sharing Kartik and congratulations.

Arthur Morris
09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
You did a good job of framing this tender moment. The image looks as if this it would benefit from some additional sharpening. And the light is sweet too.

Steve Canuel
09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Great colors and nice interaction. Blocking the path gives a nice perspective on their size. Agree on a little more sharpening.

Harshad Barve
09-15-2009, 07:58 AM
beautiful image , lovely momnet , ranthambjore colors adding so much , this image can take some sharpning
TFS

Kartikeya Puri
09-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for your kind words. Artie, Steve and Harshad, I agree with you about the sharpening, but the problem is when I am sharpening it in LR, I am just failing at getting good results. Any suggestion for sharpening?

Cheers,
Kartik

Arthur Morris
09-24-2009, 07:19 PM
YAW Kartik, I am not at all familiar with Lightroom but do know that each image should only be sharpened after it is sized for final usage. Images for electronic display as here should not look at all over-sharpened, while larger images being prepared for print need to look oversharpened so that they look properly sharpened on paper.

I write a lot more on sharpening in my Digital Basics File.