PDA

View Full Version : Natal Francolin

Morkel Erasmus
09-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Took this image in one of the camps we stayed in during our visit to the Kruger National Park in July.

I am off to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park tomorrow, and will hopefully be back by the 21st with some lovely avian, wildlife and landscape images (we all know how great the light is there).

Techs:
Canon 1000D with 100-400mm L IS USM @ 150mm
f5.0 @ 1/160 SS @ ISO-800
Flash fired

Kiran Poonacha
09-10-2009, 05:47 AM
great looking Bird Bhai, loved the details and colours here.. would have loved a lower angle.. love this too.. congrats..

all the very best for your Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, hope to see some great images from there.

Harshad Barve
09-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Lovely image Bhai
would have loved to see low angle but nice details
good luck for your trip
TFS

Melvin Grey
09-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Very nice detail in the plumage - they are very difficult birds to get against a simple BG as they rarely come out in the open. A lower viewpoint would often help - if you do not end up with vegetation between you and the bird!

Randy Stout
09-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Morkel:

What a plump little fellow. Shooting angle mentioned. The BG is busy, but thats where they live. Like the detail in the feathers.

From a comp. standpoint, it seems a little tight below. Because of his headangle, I might try coming in a bit from the right, which would remove some of the clutter. That would make it more square, which some people really don't like, but I would at least try it, to see if the benefit of less clutter outweighs the squarish crop.

Have a fun and safe trip.

Randy

David Fletcher
09-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Lovely and sharp Morkel bhai. Some good suggestions made, but done well for getting it out in the open. You have a good trip... in the meantime, I'll suck some lemon... :D, ;). Nice one.

Morkel Erasmus
09-10-2009, 08:59 AM
thanks for the feedback guys!
a low angle would have been better - I had her in the open for a few seconds so I took what I got

Randy you have a point I will try it sometime :)

Ramon M. Casares
09-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Great species, detail, and comp, A lower angle would have been better and also, if possible, a cleaner BG.
Congratulaiutons and good luck on your trip.

Stu Bowie
09-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey Mork, I love the detail on these guys, and well done for getting him in the open. A little tight at the bottom, but I know how difficult these guys are from a vehicle.

Have a great trip, and drive safely.