PDA

View Full Version : Leftovers

Connie Mier
09-10-2009, 04:24 AM
A great white heron (not to be confused with the egret version), located on Florida Bay near Flamingo in the Everglades. These birds are relatively uncommon in the area. The bird had snatched up this leftover trout dropped by an osprey. After dipping into the water several times, it gave up trying to salvage something edible and discarded it.
Sony a700, Minolta 300mm, 1.4XTC
1/1000, f5.6, ISO100
Connie

Kiran Poonacha
09-10-2009, 05:26 AM
never knew a white heron existed, thanks for sharing, nice natural pose angle and details, congrats..

Harshad Barve
09-10-2009, 06:33 AM
never knew a white heron existed, thanks for sharing, nice natural pose angle and details, congrats..

Ditto Kiran here ,
lovely image , nice expo and compo
TFS

Stu Bowie
09-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Good control on the whites Connie, and well done for including him showing us the left over morsals. I would maybe crop off the darker line on top.

Kathy Reeves
09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I have never seen a GWH. If I have I probably mistook it for a GWE. I really like the angle of the bird and the brown colors in the BG. I can not see any improvement.

Arthur Morris
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Gell done but for the shoreline cutting through the bird. Down on your belly was the way to be for this one....

Great White Heron is the white morph or form of our Great Blue Heron.

Connie Mier
09-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments. Artie, FYI, I was in a canoe at the time and try awfully hard to get as low as possible. If I had gotten out into the water, I would have sunk up to my neck in Everglades mud, which could have lended itself to a very low angle shot! :D

Also, Artie, it was my understanding the the great white heron might be another species of heron and not a morph? Could be wrong on that of course.

Arthur Morris
09-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Never let a little mud stop you! And yes, you are incorrect.:) :D :) The bird is a Great Blue Heron.