PDA

View Full Version : Embedded Dahlia

Ramesh Adkoli
09-09-2009, 11:32 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3460/3904277146_da6f4eb58d_o.jpg

A different take on this beautiful flower. Usually dahlias standout supported on a long stalk. This one was embedded among the leaves: an opportunity for a different perspective. Appreciate your views and comments.

EXIF: D700, 105mm Micro VR, 1/60s, f/11, hand held, early morning
PP: levels, curves, cropped a bit on RHS

regards,
ramesh

Anita Bower
09-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Beautiful job with this Dahlia. I like how it is framed by the leaves. I think your dof is just right. I'm trying to decide about the position of the flower in the frame. I don't object to centered subjects, but I'm wondering if an off-center positioning/crop might add dynamism. I think you did a lovely job with the yellows and the gorgeous petals.

Ramesh Adkoli
09-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Thanks a lot, Anita for those positive words. I agree that positioning the flower on RHS would have been better but couldn't. I ran out of luck on leaves on the LHS which were needed to position the flower to the RHS. Going closer just magnified the gaps between leaves and flower. I settled for this finally;-(

regards,
ramesh

Mike Moats
09-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Hey Rahmesh. I thought the same as Anita when I opened the image, that a thirds comp on the right side would have worked better. Thanks for posting more info on your reason for the center comp. I do like the nice sharp details and the lighting.

Ramesh Adkoli
09-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Thanks Mike.

Julie Kenward
09-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Even though the positioning/comp isn't the strongest you did get an interesting photo of a dahlia and you did get really nice clarity and color. A different positioning would have certainly made this stronger but you did very well with what you had to work with, Ramesh.

Ramesh Adkoli
09-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Julie.