PDA

View Full Version : Red Eyed Tree Frog (Captive)

Michael Pancier
09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
borrowed one from the guy who maintains my friend's turtle tank and took some quick shots of him with my G10 using whatever I could find for a background. Used a sheet of copy paper here.

G10
ISO 80
10.8mm
f/8
1/60
Flash at - 2/3

Anita Bower
09-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Love the colors, textures, composition, BG. All works for me.

Vida van der Walt
09-10-2009, 08:49 AM
What an amazing frog. Great shot Michael. Sharp, great detail, comp and wonderful colours. Normally I would prefer it on a more natural bg but I think the white works fine in this case as it makes the colours stand out.

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Excellent detail and composition Michael. Such a beautiful species. thanks for sharing.

Steve Maxson
09-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Very nice pose, colors, and sharpness on the frog, Michael. It must have been fun to have a captive individual to work with. I would wish that the flash-generated shadows under the frog weren't so pronounced - especially those around the frog's left hind leg - you might try selectively lightening them. If this was mine, I would be tempted to remove some of the flash-generated spectral highlights. Otherwise, very nice overall.

Jerry van Dijk
09-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi Michael, what a cute little fellow/gal! Nice colors and excellent detail. I also love the pose of the frog. I notice a lot of noise in the shadow under the frog and some minor noise in the BG. You might get rid of it in PP. I would also consider working on the large difference in brightness of FG and BG. The FG and front of the frog is all full of flash, while the BG is in shadows, which IMO creates too strong a contrast.
Looking forward to more frog shots!

Jerry.

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Nice frog. I guess this is the first time I see a frog on a paper sheet! not the common place where I usually find them.

Mike Moats
09-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Hey Michael, the G10 sure did a nice job. Great details and colors.

Julie Kenward
09-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Beautiful colors, Michael and perfect DOF - that G10 really did a nice job! I also see some noise in the shadows but, other than that...wow.

Adrian David
09-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Fantastic colors on this frog!!!The white paper make the colors pop...In the shadows, may be it's noise or the paper texture, can't tell for sure.

Ramon M. Casares
09-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I would suggest to take the whites to pure white and another round on NR. Overall, loved it. Congratulaitons!