PDA

View Full Version : The Hillsborough River Rapids

kevinmat
09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Thought the river is swollen right now and not as "photogenic" as in the winter, there is still perspectives to be shot. This was taken yesterday afternoon with a 5D II a 17-40mm using a 3 stop ND filter giving me a 2 sec exposure at F/16. Image was then adjusted a little using curves and HSL in Lightroom.

Ramesh Adkoli
09-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Beautiful, Kevin. Different hues and brush stroke like texture of water make this image. Just love eveything about this abstract. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
09-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey Kevin,
I will admit that I went over this one for a long time looking for something wrong! The top brighter area too close to edge of frame???....maybe.....but it wasn't that overpowering to distract me as this image has a flow from the top down. Was there too much seperation between the lights and darks???.....again....I think because you have the subtle textures of the water in the darker area that makes this extremly pleasing to look at! I looked......found nothing but a great overall presentation and image!

denise ippolito
09-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Kevin, I really like the look of this. The golden hues are gorgeous and are a nice compliment to the blue tones. I love the almost painted feeling in this image.Well seen.

kevinmat
09-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey Roman, well coming from you that is praise indeed! Thank you, I really appreciate your encouragement. Thank you too Ramesh and Denise for your comments.

Jay Gould
09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Kevin, very creative. Just shows there is almost always something to shoot even if you what was originally intended in not available or working. TFS!

Ed Cordes
09-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I really like the color palette you show. The flow of light to dark in both vertical and diagonal directions is interesting indeed. Great choice of shutter speed.

Arthur Morris
09-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I did not have to think at all to decide that I loved this. I do prefer the darker area at the bottom to the lighter area at the top. The ss was just right. Not photogenic? NOT!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Nice job kevin as it looks like a painting

Robert Amoruso
09-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Well done Kevin and very creative. Try exploring darkening the upper portion of the image. Levels and a mask or curves and a mask.

Nagesh Mula
09-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Something different and creative. Liked the picture very much. I actually liked the combination of both bright and shadow area. Congratulations!!