PDA

View Full Version : The Way to Shiprock

Dave Mills
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Converted the image using silver fx.

Connie Mier
09-10-2009, 04:42 AM
You did a good job with the comp, everything seems to lead right to the rock. Beautiful tones. What is silver fx, BTW? A software program I assume?

denise ippolito
09-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Dave, I like the conversion very much. I like the leading lines and feel that the overall composition is pleasing. I might do another round of USM on the large rock.

Connie, Silver-Efex is a program that Niks software puts out. They offer a free trial and it is a fantastic program. I would recommend you try it for the free trial period. You will not be disappointed. Here is a link
http://www.niksoftware.com/silverefexpro/usa/entry.php

Rocky Sharwell
09-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I really like the leading lines...It is way better than anything I got at Shiprock last year....

Nick Palmieri
09-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Great image Dave. The lines are perfect. The B&W conversion and range of tones is very nice. The face of "ship rock" may be just a little dark but I am on a laptop...It's images like this that make you appreciate B&W so much.

Julie Kenward
09-12-2009, 07:00 AM
Very well composed, Dave. I think you could really create some more pop with some selective burning and dodging throughout the image. I do wish the west side of the rock were a bit more in focus as everything leads your eye right to it. Still, it's a really strong image as presented.

david cramer
09-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Very nice composition, and I agree with the sharpening suggestions. I think I see some minor posterization starting in the sky.

Christopher Miller
09-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Very nice B&W conversion and composition. Love the leading line of the road and the sweeping curves in the BG.