PDA

View Full Version : Lubber And The Purple Pickerel

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to look and for your great comments. All the comments are much appreciated.

This image was taken the same day.

Nikon D3
Nikon 600 mm F4
ISO 400
1/1600
F11
manual

Thanks !!

Roger Williams
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi, Judy. Your previous Lubber was very nice, but this is superb, IMO! Much sharper detail, great color and pose with the kicked-out leg resting on the leaf, wonderful lighting and background. "Bugs as Art"!

Steve Maxson
09-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi Judy. I would second Roger's opinion that this one is even better than your previous post. Great background, nice diagonal comp, the grasshopper is very sharp, and the extended leg really adds that little extra to the image to make it stand out. Well done.

Christopher Miller
09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
After comparing your two posts, Judy, I have to agree that this one is better. Great BG, colors, and comp, and nice sharp details on the grasshopper!

Connie Mier
09-09-2009, 10:18 PM
What a beautiful combination, the grasshopper and purple flowers. Excellent detail. The leg on the leaf is a bonus!

Vida van der Walt
09-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Stunning macro Judy Lynn. Everything in this shot is perfect!

Jerry van Dijk
09-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi Judy, this is awesome! Great clean BG, wonderful colors and detail on both the grasshopper and the flowers. The leaf behind the leg distracts me a little and I keep wondering what the image would have looked like if you had used more DOF to get the whole flower in focus. On the one hand I would love to see more of the flowers, but ion the other it might take all the depth out of the picture.
Wonderful!

Jerry.