PDA

View Full Version : Re-Post of Water Lily

Nick Palmieri
09-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I took everyone's advice and worked on the previously posted water lily.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45194

Unfortunately the original was very tight. I used CS4 content awareness scale to "stretch" the image and a bit of clone stamping to re-work some of the leaves. I also rotated as suggested. Thoughts?

Julie Kenward
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Nice work, Nick! I like how the CCW rotation put the image within the frame. I wonder if the center is a little less crisp than the last post? I remember the leaves and drops being crisp but am not sure about the center...you might give that a tweak of selective sharpening.

Lovely repost. I hope you enjoyed the challenge!

Nick Palmieri
09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I wonder if the content awareness scale softened that?

Dave Mills
09-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Nick, Your color selection is very pleasing along with the water drops. For my taste I would have preferred a bit more room at the bottom. Nice overall effect!

Desmond Chan
09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
This looks better than the previous one. I agree with Julie on sharpening the center a bit. The water droplets add to it. Good job !

Ed Cordes
09-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I really like this. The colors are super and the water drops make the image. Rotation was effective in bringing it all together. I agree a bit more on bottom would be nice.

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Really a very striking image and the color is beautiful . The water droplets add a lot to this image.