PDA

View Full Version : Lubber On A Purple Pickerel

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Tjis was taken this past summer while visiting Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge.

Nikon D3
Nikon 600 mm F4
ISO 400
!/1600, F9
manual

All comments are appreciated. Thanks !!!

Roman Kurywczak
09-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Judy Lynn,
Very nice job with both the lubber and bloom. I like the diagonal flow of both and the BG is super. I do feel the grass blade in the LL is a bit out of place (possibly because of the upright angle?) but don't feel it's a deal breaker. Easy removal too if you are OK with such things.....but all in all very nicely done!

Julie Kenward
09-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I like it, Judy...and even though the blade is at a different angle I rather like it. That's not to say I wouldn't clone it out in some circumstances but I do think it adds a nice juxtaposition to the Lubber. The one thing I might do is to blend the area between the blade and the BG to make the transition between the two BG colors a little more cohesive. The green and blue in the BG are forming a pretty distinct line and a nice soft swirl of the cloning brush might ease that a bit.

Dave Mills
09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Judy, Very nice image! Lighting,sharpness,backround and diagonal bloom all work to make this image truly well handled. I also feel the image would be improved without the blade in the lower left. Good job!!

Ed Cordes
09-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Beautiful Judy Lynn. Before I read Roman's post I thought the grass on the left was a bit distracting. I would have removed it.

Vida van der Walt
09-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Wonderful image Judy Lynn. I love the colours, bg and comp. Great detail too. Agree with the removal of the blade of grass but it is not a big issue.

Greg Basco
09-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi, Judy. Beautiful composition, and I love the BG. If you don't mind cloning things out of your images, I do have to agree with the others that in this case the image would be stronger without the extra blade of grass.

Cheers,
Greg Basco