PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise, Red Rock Lake, near Boulder, Colorado

Dyer Lytle
09-07-2009, 04:41 PM
http://dyerlytle.com/red_rock_lake_sunrise.jpg

Canon EOS 5D Mk II, EF17-40 f/4L at 40mm, 1/320 sec, f/11, ISO 200 aperture priority, tripod. Post processing done using Adobe Lightroom mostly with a little in Photoshop CS3.

On my way to Long Lake in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area, I stopped by this small lake to take a few photos at sunrise. The lake is mostly covered with water lilies but they aren't blooming at this time of year (Aug 31, 2009). The clouds in the east were a concern but the sun, at least for a while, managed to show through for the first half hour or so. The place was very peaceful that early, nobody around, very quiet.

Morkel Erasmus
09-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Dyer
I like the mood and half-silhouette of this shot. Good depth perceivable as well. Very tranquil scene. Clouds add a nice touch.

Roman Kurywczak
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Dyer,
Welcome to the forum! This has a nice tranquil feel to it and the exposure looks pretty good. I see you used the 17-40.......did you try any with a longer lens and just the tree line silhouette and sky? That may have also worked. Maybe a hair of lightening in the FG......but the colors are very nice and the exposure and placement of the sun was well handled. Nice job.

Ed Cordes
09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh Oh! Image has disapeared.

Robert Amoruso
09-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Ed,

Link to image included. I agree with Roman and Morkel's comments. Well to the forum Dyer.