PDA

View Full Version : Sunset in Cape Cod, Mass

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-06-2009, 04:18 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2535/3893615439_801b61751d_o.jpg
I spent the whole day in Cape Cod, just so I could get a nice sunset. I went with vertical, because I really like the
low tide, and besides with the low tide there were boats sitting in the sand waiting for the tide to come back in, so they could float again:) And also had to center in middle because of the boats on either side.
All C&C welcome

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Manual Exposure
Tv 1/500
Av 10.0
ISO 200
EF70-200mm f/4L USM
Focal Length 126.0 mm

Robert Amoruso
09-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Kyle,

By placing the sun and reflection in the middle, you created a tranquail mood to the image. I would also suggest that in such instances, placing the sun off-center should be explored to introduce a greater dynamic tension especially if you could have arranged once of the boats you mentioned with the sun the balance the composition with perhaps a Rule of Thirds arrangement.

Roman Kurywczak
09-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Kyle Marie,
Agree with Robert that the central placement does work here but also agree that the ROT placement may have strengthened it with the boat silhouette as balance. Another possible option for you to contemplate is to zoom out to 200mm and compose there also. Take the image as you did here and then explore other focal lengths with the same composition. May have made it easier to place the sun in the ROT position. Don't forget that you could also try to go wider and use the boats......but in that instance.....horizontal may have worked better. As presented the colors are fantastic and I would just crop off the bottom mud area and if you want to keep the proportions.....a bit off the left so you don't lose the s curve of the still water reflection. Nicely handled on the exposure too!

Ramesh Adkoli
09-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi Kyle, Beautiful image. Liked those colors. The cloud formations add to the image. Just curious, did you use any filters?

TFS.
regards,
ramesh

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks everyone, I took alot of picture of this sunset, zoomed all the way out and all the way in, vertical and horizontal, I just didn't get any with the boats, now I wish i did. Ramesh I didn't have any filters on. Thanks for looking and will play with the pics that i got from all your input:)

denise ippolito
09-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Kyle, Looks like you already got some great advice. I would just like to add that I love the colors you got here! Really special! The clouds look great also.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Thank you Denise for looking:)