PDA

View Full Version : Contest--Tritone Bloodroot

Anita Bower
09-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Never did anything like this before!

Julie Kenward
09-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Isn't it a gas? You never know what you're going to get until you mix and match those colors! I really like the effect you got here - nice, soft creamy whites and good tonal range in the BG. It's fun to step out of our comfort zones, isn't it? ;)

Anita Bower
09-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Isn't it a gas? You never know what you're going to get until you mix and match those colors! I really like the effect you got here - nice, soft creamy whites and good tonal range in the BG. It's fun to step out of our comfort zones, isn't it? ;)

It is fun to try new things and I confess this exercise is one I would never have tried. I've never converted to B&W before as I'm a color lover. In this case, I was surprised at the results of applying the different colors. Thanks for the challenge!!

denise ippolito
09-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Anita, Nice job w/ this. I like the tones of your whites. BG color is pleasing.

Roman Kurywczak
09-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Anita,
I will confess that you gave me my idea for a hand tinted look. Whites look great against the sepia tone!

Anita Bower
09-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Thank you, Denise and Roman. I tried a couple different images before I figured out that white flowers work well. Looking forward to seeing both of your entries.

Christopher Miller
09-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Anita, the white flowers really pop against the sepia BG. Very nice! The BG might be a trifle busy, but it still works very well.

Ed Vatza
09-07-2009, 07:06 PM
The white does work well. However, I do wish I could see more detail in the petals. There is some veining there but barely visible. Just as a side note, that's what happened to my image coming out of processing. That was the reason that I decided to take it into Topaz. I felt it brought some of the detail back into the image (along with a bit of noise!) ;).

Mike Moats
09-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Hey Anita, very nice comp, and the treatment gives it a nice rich look. Well done.

Julie Kenward
09-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Ed, I've noticed that as well about duotones...they do lose a little of the detail in the whites. I actually did a little burning and dodging on mine after I applied the color tones.

John Chardine
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Really super dreamy feel to this one Anita. For me I only wish there was a bit more BG at the top to balance the composition.

Desmond Chan
09-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I like the white on this one, but would love to see more details on the petals though. However, for the background, a simpler one would work better, I think.

Anita Bower
09-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Thank you, photo friends, for your comments. I agree with all that has been said and appreciate your views so very much.