PDA

View Full Version : Assignment: Blur / Motion - "Liquid Motion"

Gus Cobos
09-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Assignment: Blur / Motion – “Liquid Motion”

This was an image that I capture in Upstate New York of the Croton River a few years back. This particular spot is called “Dead Man’s Pass” The Croton River connects to the Hudson River a few miles down stream. I was slowing down the shutter speed to give the water this cotton candy effect, going over the treacherous rocks below; thus forming the swirls and the vortexes in the water.

Image Solution:
I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to supply the EXIF data, due to the fact that this was captured with Kodak film. The negative was scanned to digital and processed in PhotoShop CS4. The image was painted with a Nikon F-100. Back then I was using film sensitivity ASA-200 / probably an aperture of an f/5.6 or an f/4 / and a low shutter speed of 1/30<SUP>th</SUP> or 1/10<SUP>th</SUP> of a second, with the help of a tripod.
<O:p</O:p

Comments greatly appreciated…:cool:

Nick Palmieri
09-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Nice motion and vibrant colors.

Ron Boisvert
09-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi Gus, I never tire of seeing the endless variations in color and texture provided by water reflections such as these. Nice post!

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
09-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Very beautiful reflection colors in the water, love the flow of the water and really like the wave near the center.

Lance Peters
09-05-2009, 05:45 PM
love the silvery sheen on the water Gus, composition is just perfect - IMHO.
Nice work!!!!!!!!

Alfred Forns
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Just Sweet Gus !!! Love this image !!!