WIlliam Maroldo
09-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Sony A-700~Sony70-400G~8-15-2009~Smithers Lake, Texas
Composite of two images, used blending and color range CS4, Topaz Clean2
comments and critique welcomed.
regards~Bill

Hazel Grant
09-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Very interesting. My first thought, though, is that the water is golden and the backsky orange. I would make the water a bit more of a reflection of the color of the sky; otherwise, what is it reflecting? Good mixture of the two images

Dave Mills
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi Bill, Very creative image that holds my interest. Your composition is strong with pleasing color.If this were mine I would connect the pieces of the thin grey foliage that runs across along the bottom of the backround silouette. Nice mood!

WIlliam Maroldo
09-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks Dave, Hazel. Hazel, I see your point about the sky reflection, however a more graphic as opposed to realistic image was my goal. Dave, I noticed the thin gray foliage being somewhat disconnected- I'm sure something to do with the color range command I used. I could see doing something about. Good observation. regards~Bill

denise ippolito
09-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Bill, The sky is a very beautiful color and the water color is awesome. I like the overall effect and the color tones. Nicely presented.

Mark Fuge
09-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Nice image and application Bill.

I would suggest you consider the tall vegitation off center, in future shots. It would add interest to the image, in my view. Due to the size here, I don't think it will work with the composition of this image, but just a suggestion for future.

One other very small item that caught my eye. The bird to the left of the follage looks like a spot, not a bird. As it is a lone object, I would clone it out, or replace it with a clone in the of the small bird in the right side of the image.

Your image ... Your vision.