PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Island Sunset

kevinmat
09-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Looking out over the Gulf of Mexico from Honeymoon Island last night, one of those "fiery" sunsets. This was taken a minute or so after the "green flash" when the skies just lit up. It's pretty much as is out of the camera apart from a 1/3 stop boost to exposure and noise reduction. Difficult to know where to crop, but I think it's close, let me know what you think.

Canon 50D with 400mm DO with 1.4x TC F/16, 200 ISO, 1/125 sec

Roman Kurywczak
09-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Kevin,
Love the colors and I like that you have a nice black silhouette. The boat is placed nicely in the frame but if you have it....just a bit of room below the boat.....placing it on a ROT line......all in all nicely done!

Paul Marcellini
09-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I agree with Roman. All is nicely done, maybe just a touch more sharpening for web. Also, for a shot like this, I think you could have dropped the f-stop for more shutter speed.

Ed Cordes
09-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Pano crop works well. You certainly had a lot of good fire in the sky. You were lucky to see a green flash with all those clouds on the horizon.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice, I really like the clouds and the position of the boat. Beautiful colors also. great job:)