PDA

View Full Version : Orange African Daisy

Anita Bower
09-04-2009, 08:00 AM
A few days ago I was posting an image to this forurm, but as I wrote my question, I realized what the image needed to improve it, so, I didn't have to post it! One more way this forum helps improve my photography!http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

I took this photo on Monday, an unexpectedly overcast morning of which I took advantage.
Taken outdoors, natural light, no flash, tripod.
Nikon D300, 105mm Sigma macro lens, 1/50, f16, ISO 400, auto wb, pattern metering, manual exposure, manual focus. RAW conversion using Elements 7, PP: PS7 and Topaz Adjust.

denise ippolito
09-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi Anita, The colors look lovely and the BG color compliments your daisy very nicely. Nice details and exposure. I like the in-your face crop.

Dave Mills
09-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi Anita, I like your subject,lighting,sharpness and color. I would prefer an image like this to be off center...

Roman Kurywczak
09-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Anita,
I too generally prefer these type of images a bit off center but it does work centered sometimes too......perhaps if the petals were more tightly spaced/not missing???....not sure. The light is nice and soft but I do wonder if a bit darker would make it even more dramatic. I will admit to being in a bit of a bold color mood lately.....so just keep that in mind! All in all nicely composed.

Steve Maxson
09-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Anita. I like the interesting mix of colors and patterns you captured. I'm OK with the comp, as presented, but a more off-centered comp would also work well as an alternative. Having not seen the flower - I wonder if the central flower parts are a tadd oversharpened? :)

Anita Bower
09-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Anita. I like the interesting mix of colors and patterns you captured. I'm OK with the comp, as presented, but a more off-centered comp would also work well as an alternative. Having not seen the flower - I wonder if the central flower parts are a tadd oversharpened? :)

I was wondering the same--about the center being a bit oversharpened. Thanks for mentioning it as it confirms my suspicion.

Julie Kenward
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Anita, this would be a perfect flower for the "zinnia zoom" technique! I love the light, airy feel it has and don't mind the centered comp here a bit. I also think the center is just a bit oversharpened but everything else is sweet!

Anita Bower
09-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Anita, this would be a perfect flower for the "zinnia zoom" technique! I love the light, airy feel it has and don't mind the centered comp here a bit. I also think the center is just a bit oversharpened but everything else is sweet!

Thanks, Jules. I looked up your zinnia zoom and am experimenting with using that technique.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Anita, love this, the colors are awesome and the middle is so sharp you can see every detail, Beautiful:)