PDA

View Full Version : In charge

Duane Noblick
09-02-2009, 07:19 PM
This pose pretty much shows what her personality is like. This is the female Bald Eagle from the pair I have been following since March 2008. She is definately the one in charge when it comes to tending to their young and keeping the nest in order.

http://www.pbase.com/duane_va/image/116828889/original.jpg

<TABLE cellPadding=1 width=450 align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=sb colSpan=2>Full EXIF Info</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Date/Time</TD><TD class=lid>28-Mar-2009 07:59:30</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Make</TD><TD class=lid>Canon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Model</TD><TD class=lid>Canon EOS 40D</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Flash Used</TD><TD class=lid>No</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focal Length</TD><TD class=lid>400 mm</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Time</TD><TD class=lid>1/500 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Aperture</TD><TD class=lid>f/5.6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>ISO Equivalent</TD><TD class=lid>320</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Bias</TD><TD class=lid>-2/3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>White Balance</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Metering Mode</TD><TD class=lid>partial (6)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>JPEG Quality</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Program</TD><TD class=lid>aperture priority (3)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focus Distance</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Randy Stout
09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Duane:

Her personality really does show through. The image, esp. the sky has a fairly strong cyan cast.

I would also consider removing the needles around the head, and the twig sticking up by the left wing.

Hope you have some more of this bird!

Randy

Duane Noblick
09-03-2009, 03:57 AM
So far I've been told this image has a green cast and now a cyan cast. Interested in hearing others opinions because the print looks fine...if anything too bright around her left eye in the whites. I did increase the blue saturation a bit because a thin layer of clouds was moving in and the sky looked a little bland.

Thank you for the input.

EDIT: Re-worked image this morning. This goes everything I believe in when it comes to cloning out objects in images I capture...to me, the one I edited this morning looks fake because it's not how I remember it when I captured it. But I gave it a go anyway. My cloning skills are nothing to write home about either....maybe that's a good thing.

http://www.pbase.com/duane_va/image/116840711/original.jpg

Randy Stout
09-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Duane:
I would never suggest the extensive cloning you did, just the small things I mentioned in the original post, which cleans it up a bit, without changing the overall feel in my opinion.

The color cast is not as striking on my work monitor as it was at home, but the home monitor is a freshly calibrated NEC, and it is very color accurate, and I trust it more than the work monitor.

So, ultimately, you have to go with what looks good to you. We try to give our opinions, but they are just that, opinions, some more experienced than others, but just opinions. Unless you are selling your work, your tastes should be the final judge.

Cheers

Randy

Morkel Erasmus
09-03-2009, 05:37 PM
your repost shows this beautiful eagle in this great pose better, but I agree that amount of cloning is too much especially if you still want to show it in it's habitat. I would go with Randy's suggestion of cleaning up around the head so the viewer's eyes can focus on it instantly.

great shot!!