PDA

View Full Version : THe last Dragonfly!

Bob Miller
09-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Nikon D-300
Tamron 180 macro with 2x TC
1/200 sec at f11
IS1000

I have been posting alot of dfly on the forum but this will be my last Dragonfly as I leave for Kenya's Masai Mara thursday. :):D

I used my 2x TC to get the largest image i could but think I lost sharpness. Comments?
There was also alot of extraneous bg that needed to be cloned out....How did I do?
I like the composition but welcome the comments of others as to composition?

Desmond Chan
09-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Yes, I think you lost some sharpness. Perhaps some sharpening to see how much you could savage?

I'm totally OK with the composition. Too bad you clipped the tip of one of the wings though :(

Lance Peters
09-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi bob - agree with Desmonds critique,some additional sharpening might help. I like the composition and the PS work looks good.
Have fun on your trip - look forward to seeing some of your images.
:)

Gus Cobos
09-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Hi Bob,
I like the close up capture, my only concern is the clipped wing tip...agree with the fine comments. Looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Nick Palmieri
09-02-2009, 06:12 AM
Agree with others comments. I really like the composition with the large green leaf and the shadow.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Love these guys, my only issue is the cut wing and you could of done a cleaner job around the leave with the cloning, Other then that nice job.:)

Alfred Forns
09-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi Bob

I like how you are trying to compose for the Dfly ... did well just need a little more on the left as noted.

Sharpness wise the center of the body looks sharp or the sharpest part of the bug. Dof in these is minimal and you do need to stop down more but that would bring bg into play and I like it as presented. About only solution is a bracket focusing !! Good luck with the trip and looking forward to your images !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Bob, I like your composition and dark BG. Think I might try sharpenening it up a little too.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Agree with all the comments above, espectually by Alfread. The dark background does help bring focus to the dragonfly and the leaf. There a cloning mark left on the LRHC though.

Bob Miller
09-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the very helpful comments. What a great forum! Thanks again!